Blog

  • If your oven isn’t heating properly it could be your heating element

    If your oven isn’t heating properly it could be your heating element

    “One of the most common complaints about these kitchen appliances is that the oven isn’t heating properly. Typically, this relates to either a problem with your oven’s heating element or with its thermostat. The heating elements are the (often coiled up) parts that turn red as your oven heats up, and the thermostat is the knob you adjust your oven’s  Read More »
  • How a tankless water heater differs from a regular water heater

    How a tankless water heater differs from a regular water heater

    “Pros: Why consider buying a tankless water heater Energy efficiency. Tankless water heaters consume less energy because they do not need to store heated water. This energy savings will, in turn, reduce your fuel bills. Endless hot water. When you need a continuous supply of hot water to fill a deep, luxurious spa tub or to allow for several consecutive  Read More »
  • Garbage disposal not working? Read this!

    Garbage disposal not working? Read this!

    “Disposal Doesn’t Turn On—No Sound from the Motor In most cases where the disposal doesn’t turn on at all, the power supply has been cut off at some point along the circuit. Try the following steps in order: Check to make sure the unit is plugged in. (It seems obvious, but you’d be surprised how many times this is the  Read More »
  • Prolong the life of your air conditioner by avoiding these mistakes

    Prolong the life of your air conditioner by avoiding these mistakes

    “Not changing the air filter It takes about six months for a filter to become so saturated with dirt and dust that it becomes difficult for air to flow through your unit. As Reader’s Digest points out, that not only increases the dust in your home, it also decreases your AC unit’s efficiency. The simple task of replacing a dirty  Read More »
  • Tankless water heater blamed for carbon monoxide poisoning tragedy

    Tankless water heater blamed for carbon monoxide poisoning tragedy

    “A family died from carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning after a tankless water heater began leaking the poisonous gas at high levels, according to authorities. Police responded to the Reitter family home for a wellness check on May 2, after a concerned family member called 911. After seeing an unresponsive person in the home, police forced entry and found Gabe Reitter  Read More »