“Have you woken up to a chilly morning in Illinois only to discover that your hot water heater has stopped working? Even with proper maintenance, it’s not uncommon for water heaters to fail, causing homeowners problems such as hot water loss or damage to the plumbing system.
Water Heater Repairs
Your hot water heater may need maintenance or repair for several reasons:
- Popping noises caused by excessive sediment buildup at the bottom of the tank.
- Failing or malfunctioning thermostats.
- Disconnected or damaged dip tube causing cold water to mix with outgoing hot water.
- High pressure levels and broken pipes caused by uncontrolled thermal expansion within the tank.
- Water leaks around the base from a leaky tank or a faulty plumbing connection”
Read more on these tips here.
Without having experience and knowledge for troubleshooting the above issues, there is a potential for injury. Water heater repair or replacement should only be performed by qualified technicians. If done incorrectly, one might scald or burn themselves. The savings in lieu of hiring a professional just isn’t worth the risk.
If your water heater is malfunctioning call Apple Valley Eagan Appliance at 952-953-0080 or visit our water heater page for more information. We’ll provide an upfront estimate and advise whether it would be better to repair or replace your water heater.