You are currently viewing Furnace repair is a job that should only be performed by qualified professionals

“A man trying to fix a furnace at a home in East Moline was sent to the hospital after a fire broke out.

The fire started Tuesday afternoon, November 5. The contractor was working at a home in the 2100 block of 9th Avenue when he went outside to get a tool for the project, according to a firefighter. That’s when the home quickly filled with smoke.

The contractor was taken to the hospital and treated for smoke inhalation. The home sustained heavy smoke damage.”

Read about the story here.

It’s a home owner’s worst nightmare, they hire someone to fix or repair an appliance and it results in massive damage. While the details of this particular case are scarce, certain protocols should be followed in order for something like this to not happen. Fortunately, no serious injuries occurred.

At Apple Valley Eagan Appliance our professionals are trained to follow strict procedures when performing repairs. Your safety is of the utmost importance and we take nothing for granted. Call us at 952-953-0080 or visit our furnace repair page for more information.