You are currently viewing Disney World visitors evacuated due to smoking refrigerator

“Now, according to The Orlando Sentinel, smoke from a breakroom refrigerator led to the evacuation of Guests from Space Mountain, per Tim Stromsnes, communications director for the Reedy Creek Professional Firefighters and a union official for the firefighters.

Stromsnes says only one engine responded to the call for help. Once a Reedy Creek firefighter unplugged the refrigerator, the other units that had been called to assist in the response were canceled.

A call for assistance from the Orange County Fire Rescue was also placed for aid at an address near Tomorrowland, but that call was also canceled. According to the My Disney Experience app, at 4:30 p.m. local time, the Space Mountain attraction was still closed, but by 4:45 p.m., it had reopened to Guests with an 80-minute wait to experience the attraction.”

Check out the full story here.

A refrigerator that exhibits smoke could be related to an electrical wiring issue. If left unattended there is the possibility of a fire. Unplugging the unit should be done immediately until a technician can properly diagnose the issue. Don’t forget to move your food to another location to prevent smoke contamination.

Is your refrigerator or home appliance acting up? Call Apple Valley Eagan Appliance at 952-953-0080 for expert appliance repair. We look forward to serving you!